Can one have a test for Genital Herpes?

A test for Genital Herpes can be done.
During the test, your Doctor or GP will require a sample to be taken from a possible Herpes lesion. This will be viewed under a microscope (possible in a laboratory) to establish if the Herpes Virus is present.

A blood test can also be taken as this helps establish if antibodies against the Herpes Virus have been produced by your body. It is however very difficult for a blood test to identify if the antibodies produced are in response to Oral or Genital Herpes or both.

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (1 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)